What is a Dental Crown?
A permanent restoration that covers or caps a natural tooth or a dental implant is known as a dental crown. A crown provides protection and strength for a natural tooth while also restoring the tooth’s natural shape and appearance.
Dental crowns can be made from a variety of materials, but porcelain tooth-colored crowns are generally the most popular choice. Crowns are incredibly durable and can last for many years with good care. Our porcelain crowns are customized to represent the realistic shade, size, and shape of real teeth for a natural, everyday look and feel.
When is a crown recommended?
- To rebuild teeth that are broken or fractured
- For a cosmetic improvement
- To restore teeth with large areas of tooth decay
- To repair broken fillings
- To replace large fillings
- To reinforce a tooth after root canal therapy
What is a dental bridge?
A permanent restoration known as a dental bridge is an excellent choice for replacing missing teeth. With a bridge, we can eliminate the gap caused by a missing tooth by anchoring a series of dental crown to the natural teeth on either side of the space. For the highest level of durability, the bridge will consist of a metal base which can be coated with porcelain for an appearance that closely resembles real enamel.
When is a fixed bridge recommended?
- To replace missing teeth
- To preserve natural facial contours
- To prevent remaining teeth from shifting
- To restore chewing and speaking functions
- For a cosmetic enhancement
- As an alternative to a removable appliance
Your Crown and Bridge Consultation
Dental crowns and bridges are permanent restorations that are custom-molded and designed to fit your smile perfectly. These restorations offer a number of benefits—some which are functional as well as cosmetic in nature. To determine which restoration is best for you, we would like to begin with a full evaluation. Contact our office today to reserve your appointment for more information.